Facebook is the biggest social Networking service providing company that is based in the USA; Facebook is counted among the 4 biggest technology companies along with Google, Apple as well as Amazon.
Facebook came in the access of all the people around the globe on 26 September 2006; from than Facebook became a platform for social interactions it helps the users in maintaining communication with the people around the globe. This is an application that was developed with a motive of keeping people well connected to their family and friends.
It has been more than a decade from 2006 till now and over the years Facebook has shown great developments in terms of features which have further made it a very much user-friendly application. Also, the trained technical team available for assistance at Facebook Helpline Number UK provides it with more user-friendliness.
Though Facebook has an open to all kind of network still the company understands the value of a person’s privacy and also keeping in mind the increasing cyber crimes the company recommends that the users keep their Facebook accounts private to avoid any unwanted interference.
Here, we will discuss some of the measures that can be taken by the users to maintain the privacy of their Facebook accounts.
Block applications or websites using personal data- For blocking the applications and websites from using personal data the user should follow the given steps –
• Open your Facebook account and then go to settings.
• Then from the left select “Apps and websites”
• You will get a view of all the active as well as expired and removed apps.
• The expired apps will no longer be able to get access to your personal data. However, the active apps and websites will get access to your data until the period of 90 days.
Block advertisers from using data- In order to block advertisers from using data the user should follow the given steps –
• Open Facebook and go to settings.
• On the left select “ads”
• Then open your information tab and further manage the personal information settings such as education, job title, relationship status etc.
• Then open the ad settings tab there set the option to “allowed or not allowed.
Location History – If Facebook is permitted to track your location and you now wish to change the settings then follow the given steps –
• Go to settings then go to the location.
• Then enter your password in order to see the location history.
Your location history is always kept private and you can get that deleted from Facebook whenever you wish to.
Timeline and tagging – The users can now restrict people from tagging them this will keep them away from unwanted tags for putting these restrictions the user should follow the given steps –
• Go to the review section and turn on the option “review posts that you are tagged in before they appear on your timeline.
• Select the same option in case of tags, click “review tags that people add to your posts before the tags appear on Facebook”
Click “view as” in order to check how your profile appears to a stranger.
The above-given security measures are the most popular used by users in order to maintain the privacy and security of Facebook accounts.