Portability is the only beauty of a MacBook or any other laptop. So, you can unplug it and then use it anywhere. It only makes sense when it holds the charge and has excellent battery backup. A non-charging MacBook will be very frustrating. Sometimes, it happens that your MacBook refuses to charge that will put you in trouble. A big reason behind not charging is the setting might be drained the battery. In that case, open up the 'System Preferences’ and choose 'Settings' and then ‘Energy Saver'. And reset all to default by clicking the ‘Default’ button. To understand more clearly about MacBook, you can get in touch with experts at Macbook Helpline Number UK.
Although, there are a few reasons that your MacBook is unable to charge:
• Broken Connections
• Battery critical condition
• Incorrect settings
• Hardware problems
These reasons may restrict the MacBook battery from charging. So, it is very essential to troubleshoot it as soon as possible to continue its portability.
Here we will discuss some points to resolve this issue:
• Physically inspect hardware: Firstly, you should check the basics that if your MacBook Pro battery is not charging, it might be possible that your power cable has some issue. Inspect carefully each and every inch of the cable and make sure for dark stains or broken spots on its surface. If there’s any damage, then it may cause not charging problem.
• Reboot your MacBook: Sometimes, apps on your MacBook can get frozen and so that the hardware controls the charging of your notebook. Try to restart it as with a simple reboot can reset the hardware and fix the problem. For that, click on Apple icon on the top left corner of your screen. Click restart and wait for the reboot and again try to charge your MacBook again.
• Check your battery status: Make sure that your MacBook battery is in good condition. Sometimes, it happens that the battery may wear out quicker than expected if you use it intensively. So, checking your battery health is highly recommended when the battery doesn’t charge even with cable.
• Apps can also affect battery health: Yes, it is true that some app can also consume battery very quickly and also harm the battery life. So, it is highly recommended to uninstall those apps or disable the background running apps.
• Reset the SMC: The SMC, System Management Controller, is also responsible for the battery management. So, reset the SMC if your Mac battery is not charging. It may help you to resolve the problem.
• Cool your MacBook: Surprising but fact, the reason for un-charging battery may be as simple as overheating. If the thermal sensors of your laptop detect a drastic rise in temperature, then it blocks out the access to the battery as a safety measure.
• Ensure battery draining apps: It has been noted that some programs are widely taxing on the battery. Then click on it, then, you will uninstall the apps that drain your battery far too much.
So these are some common reasons that may affect your battery and restricts the MacBook to charge. However, if you are not able to charge your MacBook even after these steps, it is advisable to contact at MacBook Support Number UK.