Just imagine that you are watching your favorite show and suddenly an error occurs on the screen due to which the video stops playing. The same goes for the “Sorry something went wrong” error message of Netflix. When you see this error message on your device then, you should fix it just by a few methods mentioned in this guide.
What does the “sorry something went wrong” error mean?
Netflix streaming service allows the users to watch videos, shows, and series on almost all devices. You might get stuck with errors while watching content. There might be an error that occurs “sorry something went wrong” and it commonly points to the stored information on your device which needs to be refreshed. We are here with the exact troubleshooting steps to fix sorry something went wrong error on Netflix.
How to fix the “sorry something went wrong” error on Blu-Ray?
If you are streaming Netflix on a Blu-Ray device and get stuck with the “sorry something went wrong” error then, you will need to follow a few steps mentioned below.
Sign Out of Netflix
• First of all, go to the Sign-our screen
• Choose More Info or More Details option
• There you have to select Settings or the Settings icon from the Netflix Home screen
• Enter the keys on your remote- Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up from another screen
• Choose Reset on the sign-out screen and choose to Sign Out/deactivate if you don’t see Reset
• After signing out you will need to, sign in back and after try to use Netflix again
Can I get rid of “sorry something went wrong” on Smart Device?
There are some Netflix users who love to stream on the Smart TV and in case if they are getting an error message “sorry something went wrong” on Smart TV, then-
Sign Out of Netflix
• You will need to log-out screen on the Netflix
• If you still are in the error screen then, choose More Info and More Details
• Choose Settings or the Gear Icon from the Netflix Home screen
• From the other screen, press the keys of remove in the sequence of Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
• Choose Reset from the sign-out screen and if this option doesn’t appear, then choose Reset
• In case if you don’t have the Reset option then, choose to Sign Out/Deactivate and you are all set
• You have to logged out and after that, log in back and then, stream Netflix again
What to do for fixing “sorry something went wrong” iOS?
iOS devices are widely used across the world and if the users are stuck while streaming their favorite show on Netflix because of an error “sorry something went wrong” then,
Sign out of Netflix
• Tap on Profiles from the upper-right corner
• If you don’t have seen the Profiles option then, tap on More (three-dash icon)
• Tap on Sign out and then, tap on the option, Yes to confirm
• After that, log in back and then stream Netflix again
Netflix App Reinstallation
Deleting Netflix will also delete Movies or any TV Shows if you have downloaded so make a decision by keeping it in mind-
• Hold the Netflix app by tapping it and it appears on the Home Screen
• Tap on Remove app and go to Delete App and then, tap on Delete
• From the App Store choose the “Netflix”
• Go to the free Netflix app from Netflix, Inc
• Tap on the Cloud icon to install the app
• You will be asked to enter the Apple ID and password to start streaming Netflix again
• When it gets installed then, try to use Netflix again
Install Netflix Update App
• Tap on the App Store icon from the Home screen
• Tap on the Search and then, enter “Netflix” in the required search box
• Tap on Netflix and after that, tap on Update
• Enter the iTunes password if you will be asked for it
• When you are completed with the update then, use Netflix again
These fixings will definitely fix the “sorry something went wrong” error on your device and even if you are using Xbox or Set-top box or media streaming player, the fixings will be the same. Sign out and sign in again to check if it is working without error. Keep the option of reinstallation in last as the issue might get fixed just after restarting the device or signing out and in again to Netflix.